Monday, June 21, 2010

IS IT TIME FOR MY SECOND BLOG ALREADY?

It's a lovely summer's evening in Hillsborough as I write this blog - great for photography - the beautiful sculptural light makes everything look three dimensional and vibrant.

Early mornings, when the sun has recently risen, has a similar feel.

I need to make the most of the fine weather - I have a contract to take photographs for a Sheffield company who are exhibiting at a trade fair later this year in Germany. They need great images of in and around Sheffield to use on their exhibition stand. I've already made a start.....


.......this is a shot of Sheffield Arena which makes the most of a brilliant blue sky and some strong directional sunlight on the roof. I waited for the clouds to slowly uncover the sun, allowing it to paint that defining silvery edge which adds to the three dimensional feel of the image.
NO DIGITAL MANIPULATION HERE!
You just have to be in the right place at the right time.


Like most people I enjoy taking snaps ( I use a very handy Panasonic Lumix compact which is always attached to my belt). Digital photography is perfect for this.




This is a pic of my nephew Jake who celebrated his 16th Birthday on Thursday. We all met up as a family and enjoyed a lovely evening meal at The Earl Of Strafford at Hooton Roberts.

I tried to offer him some advice,

"Stay away from girls, Jake - they're nothing but trouble!"




But of course I jest as I have a long term partner, Bev (we're not married as we couldn't find a photographer!) and between us we have a 10 year old daughter, Emily.
She is my greatest photographic project - here is one of millions of photographs of her. This one was taken during a Sunday afternoon stroll around Agden reservoir near Bradfield when we came across a rope swing.

Yesterday was Father's Day, here's a snap of my brother-in-law getting to grips with the barbecue.


Jeremy is a Dad and a great cook - he slaved over the hot coals for much of the afternoon poor chap!




Well, time to go.
I'll leave you with a shot taken at The Sheffield University School Of Dentistry, Graduation Ball last week.........

"SMILE PLEASE!"




KEEP LOOKING OUT FOR MY NEXT BLOG
http://www.phoenixphotography.co.uk/

No comments: